Friday, April 4, 2014

Week 8

Hey Jess and Alan,

I don’t have too much new stuff to report to you guys. Today I had another meeting with the Assistant Vice President of Alumni Affairs and Campaign Manager, and the Associate Director of Advancement Communications. Unlike the last meeting, which consisted of about 50 of the people involved in the event, this meeting only consisted of the 3 of us. The purpose of the meeting was to talk a little more in detail about my role and how the night would unfold. We also nailed down the details about the story I’m sharing and all of my bio stuff for the web page they are launching the day of the event. It was a very productive meeting.

I got to see some of the video they are showing that night. They showed it to me because it’s going to help me write my minute long spotlight speech, which is supposed to lead up to the part of the video that I’m in. They told me today that I have to submit my speech to them by Tuesday. I guess they need to review it or something. I’m not totally sure.

The next thing I have to attend is the dress rehearsal, which is next Friday. And then the event is the next day, Saturday. I’m getting really excited. I just got a nice new suit that I can’t wait to put on. It’s a very formal suit. I want to make a good impression. I was told in the meeting today that Congressman John Tierney is attending the event, as well as Mayor Driscoll.

I wish I had more I could report but that’s all I’ve got for now. I’m honored to be part of this event. It’s been a great learning experience, but it’s also been really fun being part of everything so far. Enjoy the weekend!!


Phil

2 comments:

  1. Hey Phil,

    Don't let the slow moving pace of your group let you down. Although you did not report as much as you would like ti sounds as if you got some great one on one time. I must say I knew you were representing the University, but I assumed you would be provided with a speech. It is great that Salem State trusts you to represent the university in your own words. I'm curious do you intend to incorporate anything we have learned in community practice within your speech? It's great to hear that you will get to meet John Tierney and Mayor Driscoll, and I am curious what they will have to say at the event. It sounds like overall it will be a great experience for you and I can't wait to hear more about it. Keep up the good work.

    -Alan

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI Phil,
    Thanks for sharing. I also enjoyed your presentation during class. I could tell how passionate you were about the event and goal of your group. It is so amazing how much they are utilizing you. They have a huge goal and are pulling off an amazing campaign. It seems like the key to their success is organization, commitment and investment. They have really dedicated themselves to this campaign and are fully invested in its success. Which you can tell by how they took time to meet with you individually and prepare you for the night. I love the role you have, and how much confidence they have in you to build relationships with the donors and connect with them. I think you will do awesome. I can't wait to hear about how it goes next weekend. Maybe you can get permission to blog after the event, as it's our last week, and it would be nice to hear about how it goes. Either way good luck!:)
    Jess

    ReplyDelete