I wish I could tell everyone that I finally met with the Assistant
Vice President of Institutional Advancement, but my meetings keep getting
rescheduled. At this point, my meeting is set up for April 2nd. This
meeting will be informative for me but it is also to discuss the spotlight role
a bit further and to give my story in writing for the website they are creating.
The Associate Director of Advancement
Communications will also be in this meeting.
I also have to attend an orientation next Thursday. Apparently
this is where I will get the tools/knowledge I’ll need to have informed
conversations about the campaign and the university. I can’t wait to attend it
because it will also be a chance to meet the other students and faculty that
are attending. Then on April 10th I have to do the dress rehearsal/walk
through. And I’m not sure when, but sometime soon I’m supposed to be getting an
overview of the guests that will be at my table. I’m not sure what type of
information will be in the overview but I’m supposed to review it before the
event so that I’m familiar with them.
I wish I had some more to write but that’s all I’ve got for
now. I will have more for you after my meeting next Thursday.
Hey Phil,
ReplyDeleteDon't let your current level of experience get you down, all that matters is you are trying. I understand dealing with an organization and its hierarchy can be stressful, but hopefully this experience itself gives you a better idea of the of the inner workings of multiple organizations. It's great that you are able to at least attend an orientation next Thursday, hopefully they will be able to better answer some of your questions. All I can say is keep your head up and hopefully things will pick up soon enough.
Best of Luck,
Alan
Hey Phil,
ReplyDeleteWow there is a lot involved for the event. I think you will have a better picture of things after the orientation. Learning the philosophy and background of the campaign and university will be really beneficial. Only through understanding and joining in with their mission can you genuinely promote it. I think this is why community advocacy and outreach is so important in community organizations. You can't truly get community support if they don't understand and buy into your mission and passion.
I also find it interesting that you will learn a little about the guests at your tables. I wonder how detailed this information will be, and if you are suppose to find areas to connect with them on and talking points. They are really utilizing you in many facets to place a face on the university in order to gain community support. Personally I am honored to have you represent us. Good work.
Jess